Thursday 2 January 2014

Lyndon Johnson Sometimes Did the Right Thing


This is very interesting - I had never before seen this prior to right now.


This is an excellent example of Lyndon Johnson actually doing something right and, at a key moment refusing to be handled. Contrary to popular myth.


LBJ's brief initial statement at Andrews is rightly deemed to be completely forgettable - what I find extremely interesting and frankly rather surprising is that he has clearly personally amended the prepared remarks the staff, and done so in such a way as to completely excise the entire Cold War dimension and all hints of nationalism from the words so as to correctly characterise the day's events as a global tragedy rather than merely an American loss.


Which was absolutely the right thing to do.


Mind you, he was also trying to avert a global thermonuclear war from breaking out;



1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you

    ReplyDelete