Sunday 29 May 2016

Mother







"Songs allow a person to put their own imagination, experiences, and dreams into the lyrics. People can interpret it in many ways. 

Ms. Gore was looking for sado-masochism and bondage and she found it. Someone looking for surgical references would have found that as well." 

Dee Snyder of Twisted Sister,
PMRC Hearings, 1986 



How can you just leave me standing?
Alone in a world that's so cold?
Maybe you're just too demanding
Maybe I'm just like my father, too bold
Maybe you're just like my mother
She's never satisfied
Why do we scream at each other
This is what it sounds like

When The Doves Cry...




The Sacrifice of Victor

I was born on a blood stained table
Cord wrapped around my neck
Epileptic 'til the age of seven
I was sure Heaven marked the deck
(We sacrifice)...

Mama held up her baby for protection
From a man with a strap in his hand
Ask the Victor 'bout pain and rejection
You think he don't, when he do understand...

1967, in a bus marked, 'Public School'
Rode me and a group of unsuspectin' political tools
Our parents wondered what
It was like to have another color near

So they put their babies together to eliminate the fear
We sacrifice
Yes we did fightin' one another
We sacrifice ...

No comments:

Post a Comment