Sunday, 11 June 2017

ASSASSINATION PREVENTION : The "Nobody Can Help Me Now" Moment


Corbyn is about as far away from this moment right now as it is possible to get....

For now.


'I live like a man who is dead already'

- Malcolm X

What does that  mean..?

As one of the most pure of heart, righteous and radical of Warriors, the point is made, the best amongst that elect group don't  die when you kill them.

They become more alive.

As a matter of fact, in that aspect, we find perhaps the best definition of "A Saint" that I have yet come across.

That's always been the classic Christian descriptive qualifier for Sainthood : 

"A Complete and Exemplary Life of Service and Devotion - such that The Good That These Men Do lives after them; The Evil is oft  Interred with Their Bones"

Malcolm did not fade away or die when his body was assassinate - with every passing year, he began growing stronger and stronger with every year.

And then they had to assassinate him all over again  to actually  make him die.

"Now, it doesn't matter, now. It really doesn't matter what happens now. I left Atlanta this morning, and as we got started on the plane, there were six of us. The pilot said over the public address system, "We are sorry for the delay, but we have Dr. Martin Luther King on the plane. And to be sure that all of the bags were checked, and to be sure that nothing would be wrong with on the plane, we had to check out everything carefully. And we've had the plane protected and guarded all night."

And then I got into Memphis. And some began to say the threats, or talk about the threats that were out. What would happen to me from some of our sick white brothers?

Well, I don't know what will happen now. 
We've got some difficult days ahead. 
But it really doesn't matter with me now. 

Because I've been to The Mountaintop.

And I don't mind.

Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. 

But I'm not concerned about that now. 

I just want to do God's will. 


And He's allowed me to go up to The Mountain. 
And I've looked over. 

And I've seeeeen the Promised Land. 

I may not get there with you. 

But I want you to know tonight, that 

We, as a people, will get to The Promised Land!


Thank you very kindly, my friends. 

As I listened to Ralph Abernathy and his eloquent and generous introduction and then thought about myself, I wondered who he was talking about. 

It's always good to have your closest friend and associate to say something good about you. 

And Ralph Abernathy is the best friend that I have in the world. 

I'm delighted to see each of you here tonight in spite of a storm warning. You reveal that you are determined to go on anyhow.




No comments:

Post a Comment