Wednesday, 14 June 2017

Every Village Needs a Shaman





Are You a Wise Fool, Jon Snow, or a Clever Fool..?

Yeah, you ignored The Comet, didn't you?
I won't say "I Told You So" - What would be The Point?
Being Right Means Never Having to Say "I Told You So".
That's Prideful Arrogance.


MISS HAWTHORNE [on TV]: 
I know perfectly well you're on the air. That's why I'm here. 

Get your hands off me, young man! Let me go!

 I've come here to protest, and protest I shall. 

FERGUS: 
Now this is Miss Hawthorne, a prominent local resident who's very much opposed to Professor Horner's dig. Professor Horner, I believe you two have already met? 

LITTLE JACK HORNER: 
I'll say. The daft woman's been pestering me for weeks. 

MISS HAWTHORNE : 
I've been trying to make you see reason

FERGUS: 
Miss Hawthorne, why are you so opposed to this dig? 

HAWTHORNE: 
Because this man is tampering with forces he does not understand.

LITTLE JACK HORNER: 
Oh, come on now. 

HAWTHORNE: 
You'll bring destruction on yourself and upon the whole area if you persist. 

Death and disaster await you. 

Believe me, I know. 

FERGUS: 
But that's just it. Why should we believe you and how do you know? 

HAWTHORNE: 
I'm a witch. 

HORNER: 
You see? I told you she was daft. 

FERGUS: 
Miss Hawthorne, you don't really mean to say...
[Yes, she does. LISTEN to her...] 

HAWTHORNE

I tell you I'm a witch! 

White, of course, but that is why you should listen to me. 

I know

FERGUS: 
Well, thank you very much, Miss Hawthorne, for a most interesting 

HAWTHORNE: 

I've cast the runes. 

I've consulted the talisman of Mercury. 

It's written in the stars. 

April 19th 2017 - A Third Pillar of Hercules Appears in The Sky
The Middle Path.

When Beltane is come, tread softly, 
for lo, the prince himself is nigh.



LEELA: 
There's no point in further discussion. 
Discussion is for The Wise, or The Helpless, and I am neither!

RODAN; 
Then what are you going to do? 

LEELA: 
Well, if the Doctor wished me banished, I'll be banished. 

RODAN: 
You will surrender? 


LEELA: 
No! You talk always of Surrender! 
Are all your tribe like this!? 

RODAN: 
We are rational. 

LEELA: 
You are Cowards


No, if the Doctor wished me banished, it was for a reason. 


RODAN: 
Reason dictates the Doctor is a traitor. 

LEELA: 
Never! 

RODAN: 
Reason dictates! 

LEELA: 
Then reason is a liar

RODAN: 
And if I am right? 

LEELA: 
Then I am Wrong, and I Will Face the Consequence. 

Are you coming? 



(Rodan nods and takes Leela's outstretched hand.)

No comments:

Post a Comment