Friday 8 September 2017

The Memory Cheats : Folk Memory and False Consciousness






FRANCINE: 
But I can remember it. 

DOCTOR: 
We're at the eye of the storm. 
The only ones who'll ever know. 
Oh, hello. You must be Mister Jones. We haven't actually met. 

(The Master runs for the door just as Jack is coming in.)

JACK: 
Whoa, big fella! You don't want to miss the party. 
Cuffs. So, what do we do with this one? 

CLIVE: 
We kill him. 

TISH: 
We execute him. 

DOCTOR: No, that's not the solution. 

(Francine aims the pistol at the Master.

FRANCINE: 

Oh, I think so. 
Because all those things, they still happened because of him. 
I saw them. 

MASTER: 
Go on. Do it. 

DOCTOR: 
Francine, you're better than him. 




RIVER: 
How are you doing? 

AMY: 
How do you think? 

RIVER: 
Well, I don't know unless you tell me. 

AMY: 
I killed someone. Madame Kovarian, in cold blood. 

RIVER: 
In an aborted time line, in a world that never was. 


AMY: 
Yeah, but I can remember it, so it happened, so I did it. 
What does that make me now? 
I need to talk to the Doctor, but I can't now, can I? 

No comments:

Post a Comment